Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bunny Vreeland - Hypnotherapy Helps Anxiety

Hi Dr. Bunny, I suffer from anxiety. I believe my adult experience has been greatly shaped by my negative thinking, which only increases my sense of anxiety. Can hypnotherapy aid in changing my "inner voice." My goal is to simply create a more enjoyable life, one that is seemingly less traumatic on a daily basis. Thanks.”


Thank you for your thought-provoking question. You are correct when you say that your way of thinking and what you say in your mind can increase a sense of anxiety. Self-talk defines self-esteem. We have about 50,000 thoughts a day and often 3/4 of them are negative! So how can you turn those negative thoughts and how we talk to ourselves into positive thoughts? Practice, practice, practice! To succeed you need to be aware of the messages you give yourself and then on the spot change them to positive. Some people can do this all by themselves. Others need a coach to help. That's what I do- I coach your subconscious mind to re-think negative thoughts and old, unhealthy habits. Yes, Hypnotherapy is a great aid in changing the “inner voice” and creating a healthier and happier thought pattern. Ask yourself these questions: 1. When I make a mistake, what do I say to myself? 2.When I experience anxiety, how do I react? Do I call myself names or think I failed or do I say I am learning and doing better and better? 3.When I look at myself in the mirror, what do I think? Do I say kind things to myself? If you are hard on yourself or if you make a mistake, cut yourself some slack. You are a growing personality and learning to love yourself is part of the lessons. You can turn around anxiety and Hypnosis can make all the difference.

Bunny Vreeland
www.bunny-vreeland.com

No comments: